Small Firm Service | Large Firm Sophistication Over 70 Years of Combined Legal Experience

Fairfield County Real Estate Partition Action Lawyers

70 Years of Combined Experience Fighting for Our Clients. Serving Clients in Fairfield & New Haven Counties.

When a person passes away, their property is typically divided among their next of kin, such as their children. If the next of kin is more than one person, the people inheriting property will need to go through a probate process to figure out how they will share ownership. If they are not able to agree and a dispute arises, the inheritors will need to file a real estate partition action.

If you and your family members cannot agree on what to do with an inherited home, the Law Offices of Charles L. Kurmay can help. Let our Fairfield County real estate partition action lawyers put our skills and experience to use for you.

Call us today at (203) 380-1743 to learn how you can protect your interest in real property.

Understanding the Types of Real Estate Partitions

Essentially, a partition action is an effective way to resolve disputes between the co-owners of inherited properties. A partition action may occur in a number of situations, including if a home or property is left to multiple parties who do not know each other. In other cases, family members may have moved to other parts of the country or world and not be able to take care of the property after losing a loved one.

There are two main types of partitions:

  • Partition in kind
  • Partition by sale

    A partition in kind could be used to divide the property equitably, such as in the case of a 100-acre property. Meanwhile, a partition by sale occurs by selling the property to divide the proceeds to the co-owners.

    Seek Representation for Probate Litigation

    With 70 years of combined experience, the Law Offices of Charles L. Kurmay has helped many families with probate disputes, including partition actions. Although settling a co-owner dispute is the best solution, it is not always possible to avoid litigation. Fortunately, our Fairfield County real estate partition attorneys are skilled at navigating probate litigation and in resolving conflicts.

    Reach out to our legal team today at (203) 380-1743 for a consultation. We offer services in New Haven and Fairfield counties.

    Why Choose the Law Offices of Charles L. Kurmay?

    Your Future Depends On It!
    1. Over 70 Years of Combined Legal Experience
    2. Former Public Defenders and Judicial Law Clerks
    3. Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled
    4. Personalized One-on-One Attention
    5. Well-Respected in the Legal Community
    6. Committed to Fighting for Your Rights
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
      You entered an invalid number.
    • Please select an option.
    • Please enter a message.